RESTORING INTEGRITY AND TRUST TO THE GAINESVILLE DISTRICT
I am a nearly lifelong resident of Virginia, the son of a career Army Officer and State Department employee.
After graduating from the University of Virginia and starting a family, I chose to move my family to the Gainesville District twenty years ago to take advantage of the quality of life and educational opportunities presented by Prince William County.
I have been married to my wife Diane for 31 years, reside in the Town of Haymarket and have put three children through Prince William County schools.
I have served for more than a decade as a member of the Haymarket Town Council and Haymarket Planning Commission as well as several Community organizations.
In those roles I have worked diligently with elected officials, community groups and concerned individuals on issues including the Haymarket transmission lines, taxes, road improvements and of course, the Digital Gateway application.
I have consistently fought for the interests of the Town and County residents and engineered victories for those residents, including the undergrounding of the Haymarket Transmission Line.
• Research and Government Affairs Liaison between private industry and the Federal Government, 1986–Present
• Haymarket Town Council Member, 2004-2012; 2020–Present
• Planning Commission Chairman, Town of Haymarket, 2012–2015
• Planning Commissioner, Town of Haymarket, 2004–2008, 2010–2015, 2020-Present
• Prince William County Sustainability Commission member, 2022-Present
• Prince William County Data Center Overlay working group, 2016-2018
• Coalition to Save Prince William County
• Respondent and expert witness, Application of Virginia Electric and Power Co., Case No. PUE-2015-00107
• Gainesville and Brentsville Magisterial Districts Budget Committee Member
• Gainesville and Brentsville School Board Budget Committee Member
• Past President of the National Intellectual Property Researchers Association